Monitronics: Alarm monitoring for home and business
The history of Monitronics
- Established in 1994, Monitronics has become one of the biggest and fastest-growing alarm monitoring companies in the U.S.
- The company provides monitored business and home security system services to more than 800,000 residential and commercial clients throughout the nation. Monitronics reviews and responds to alarm signals triggered by burglary, fire, carbon monoxide and other threats from a central station in Dallas.
- Ascent Capital purchased Monitronics for about $1.2 billion in 2010.
Monitronics reviews, accomplishments and credentials
Monitronics has earned a number of distinctions in the home security industry.
Listed below are some of the company’s most notable accolades:
- Inc. Magazine named Monitronics one of the fastest-growing privately held home security companies in the U.S., earning Inc. 500 stats for seven consecutive years from 1997 to 2004.
- Monitronics received the 2012 Consumer’s Choice Award® for excellence in business and customer service among Dallas-Fort Worth headquartered alarm system companies.
- Frost & Sullivan awarded Monitronics International the 2008, 2010 and 2011 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Service Provider of the Year.
Monitronics also holds a number of credentials and certifications for alarm monitoring:
- National Fire Protection Agency member
- Central Station Alarm Association member
- National Burglar & Fire Alarm Association member
- Security Industry Association member
- Five Diamond Certified Central Monitoring Station
- UL Certified
Monitronics alarm system technology and equipment
Monitronics offers both hard-wired and wireless home security solutions to its customers. Additionally, the company offers customers several ways to connect to its monitoring center:
- Traditional landline-based connection – Your alarm system uses your standard landline connection to communicate with the monitoring facility.
- Broadband/VoIP connection – Your alarm system communicates with the monitoring center through the wireless Internet connection in your home.
- Cellular monitoring – Your alarm system communicates with the monitoring center through the cellular network. In addition to Broadband/VoIP monitoring, cellular monitoring allows homeowners without a traditional phone line to take advantage of the Monitronics alarm monitoring service.
Video monitoring services
In 2009, Monitronics reached an agreement with Alarm.com that allows authorized Monitronics dealers to offer the full range of high-tech Alarm.com video surveillance system services to residential customers across the nation:
- Internet-enabled video monitoring services – Allows customers with a security camera system to watch live video of their home from their computer, tablet or web-enabled smartphone.
- Customizable recording capability – Allows customers to program cameras to record video on a specific schedule, or any time motion is detected.
- Remote video storage – Wi-Fi-enabled security cameras can record high-quality video and send it straight to your PC.
Two-way interactive voice verification
Monitronics is an industry leader in two-way, interactive audio voice verification. This state-of-the-art feature allows for live, hands-free communication with monitoring center personnel from anywhere inside your home.
Two-way interactive voice verification only works when you activate your security system or your alarm is triggered. Since you are the only one who can control your system, you won’t have to worry about your privacy being compromised.
You won’t find two-way interactive voice verification with any DIY home security systems. Only a handful of other home security companies, such as Vivint and Protection 1, offer this cutting-edge technology.
Monitronics by State
Check out our information about Monitronics in the following locations. Check back for new location pages and updates.
Compare Monitronics vs ADT
|US Monitoring Centers||1||4|
|Security Experience||20 years||100+ years|
|Installation Cost Starting At:||Free (with $99 activation fee)||$99|
|Home Automation Options||Yes||Yes|
|Monitoring Rates Starting At:||$34.95/month||$36.99/month|
|Standard Service Contract||36 months||36 months|
Monitronics at a glance
Services: Alarm monitoring, home automation, energy management
Service area: United States and Canada
Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
Did You Know? Approximately 400 authorized independent dealers sell, install and service Monitronics alarm systems and equipment to the company’s residential and commercial clients.
SecurityCompanies.com is operated and maintained by Security Choice, an ADT Authorized Company. All other security providers listed on this site are for comparison purposes only.